Special Needs Services
The Special Needs Services (SNS) coordinator works to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified students with disabilities and to assure that campus programs and activities are accessible to individuals with disabilities. The SNS office assists faculty with disability-related concerns and maintains a resource library.
Students may request services by completing these steps in order:
- Make an appointment with the Special Needs Services Office to self-identify as a student with a disability
- Submit a “Petition for Accommodation” and proper documentation to the SNS Office
- Finalize accommodations for the semester with the SNS coordinator
- Take faculty notification letters listing approved accommodations to each instructor and return to the SNS office within five working days
- Submit a “Petition for Continuation of Services” each semester
Please note that reasonable accommodations are unique to each individual and are determined based on medical need, as indicated by the proper documentation, not on student preference.
For more information about special needs services, contact Jesse Haas, Special Needs Services Coordinator, (575) 234-9321 or email@example.com. To schedule an appointment, call (575) 234-9337 or stop by room 107, Main Building.